Guyana Resource Center
Set like a gem in the crown of South America, nestled on the North-Eastern shoulder, defying the raging Atlantic Ocean, Guyana's many waterways reflect the source of it's name "The Land of Many Waters"
Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by PhotobucketKaieteur Falls, the world's highest single drop waterfall (741 feet).Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Google
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
What the people say about the Internet
Stabroek News

Are you an Internet user? Do you have an e-mail address, and if not are you interested in having one? We asked several persons these questions and they gave the following responses:

Valini Looknarine, student - `I do not use the Internet often. Every once in a while I would use it to chat with my family overseas and to get study information. I don't have an e-mail address but I am interested in having one because it is very beneficial. People can use e-mail addresses to contact you.'

Vida Cummings, housewife -

`I don't use the Internet much and I don't have an e-mail address because people don't really check up on me. I am not even into the Internet. I just keep to myself. I would make calls to my relatives overseas but not too often because they don't return my calls.'

Hemeattie Bansraj, vendor - `I don't use the Internet. I don't use the Internet to call my family overseas, I do so from home. I don't have an e-mail address but I believe it's a good way to keep in touch with people. I think that I would have to gave some though about getting one. It is also cheaper.'


Sherry Ali, sales representative - 'I use the Internet for the work I do. I work with an airline and it requires me to have an e-mail address. I don't use the Internet for any personal purposes. I believe that the e-mail is a good way to keep in touch with persons. It is also cheaper. Instead of spending money to make a phone call you can just send an e-mail.'

Haseeb Khan, medical officer - `Sometimes I use it to call people overseas. I don't have an e-mail address. I would still have to pay for the computer service if I'm using the Internet, whether it is making a call or sending an e-mail. I am not really interested in that. E-mail is mostly for business people to keep in tough with other people.'

Latoya Bamfield, clerk - `No, I don't use the Internet often because I don't have a computer. On a few occasions I would make Internet calls. I don't have an e-mail address. I think that that is a cheaper way of keeping in touch with people. I had one once but the connection was the problem and I still had to pay to use the Internet.'

Davendra Roshundatt, unemployed - `I use the Internet to chat, make calls and to get information. I have an e-mail address. I believe that this is a good way to keep in contact with people because sometimes you can't get them on their phones especially if they live overseas. It is also easier to use. I am on the Internet for about 16 hours a day.'

Eon Edwards, surveyor - `I don't make calls on the Internet. I use my house phone. I never really thought about opening an e-mail account.'

Martin Witter, self-employed - `I don't make overseas calls on the Internet and I don't have an e-mail address. I am not interested in chatting with anybody overseas. I would use my cell phone to communicate with people. I would however consider myself having one in the near future. It would be good for business.'

Chris Walcott, private sector employee - `I don't use the Internet to call anybody. I would use my house phone. I don't have an e-mail address but I would consider having one. I don't use the Internet at all.'