Guyana Resource Center
Set like a gem in the crown of South America, nestled on the North-Eastern shoulder, defying the raging Atlantic Ocean, Guyana's many waterways reflect the source of it's name "The Land of Many Waters"
Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by PhotobucketKaieteur Falls, the world's highest single drop waterfall (741 feet).Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Google
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Letter to the Editor
Stabroek News
My family loved their visit to Guyana

Dear Editor,

I recently took my family for the first time to visit Guyana, and could not have asked for a better time. I'm from Guyana, but my husband is from Trinidad and my two kids were born in Canada. Now I have my family asking me on a daily basis when can we go back, and Mom why did you leave such a beautiful place.

We met the President and he was the kindest most down to earth man I have ever met. I think he has done a lot for the country and do hope it continues in the future. I would love to come back and live in Guyana, but am wondering how do you go about finding a good job and one that makes a difference to the country and people and is rewarding to myself.

I visited Guyana three times within a year and 3 months, that's how much I love the place, I looked around and talked to so many people and found out that I could teach them so much. I really do think that people could make a difference and working together might accomplish that.

I'm not sure why such a beautiful place has so many problems...

Yours faithfully,

Liz Mahabir